Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area (BBBS) is a volunteer-driven organization recognized for our mentoring programs for children and youth in schools and communities throughout Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, and surrounding areas. Mentorship positively impacts the lives of children and youth by improving their self-esteem, relationships with others, value of education and hope for the future.
As a Trainer you will be responsible for the development and facilitation of agency trainings for clients, volunteers and staff members.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and facilitation of service delivery training objectives
- Provide and conduct all trainings in compliance with BBBS Canada National Standards and agency Policies and Procedures
- Develop and maintain effective registration documents organize training dates, times and registration for clients, parents, and volunteer pre-match trainings
- Design implement training evaluation & measurement tools
- Collect, input and analyze training evaluations and outcomes; revise and develop agency trainings to support data findings and enhance program quality
- Provide written reports based on data collection
- Train others on how to facilitate and deliver effective efficient training
- Develop and conduct training for both new and existing service delivery staff
Responsible for developing and implementing a flexible training schedule to meet annual program goals and objectives
- Degree or Diploma in related field
- Excellent public speaking and facilitation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles as well as issues related to children, youth and families, should be familiar with child welfare legislation
- Experience and strong knowledge of databases and all Microsoft programs including Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel
- 2-3 years experience with training development and facilitation required
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with efficiency and attention to detail
- Experienced and comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and different age categories
- Able to work effectively as a team
- Second language would be an asset
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area offers a competitive salary, health benefits and RRSP matching.
Closing Date: May 10th, 2013 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume To:
5945 Centre Street SE
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.