Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area (BBBS) is a volunteer-driven organization recognized for our mentoring programs for children and youth in schools and communities throughout Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, and surrounding areas. Mentorship positively impacts the lives of children and youth by improving their self-esteem, relationships with others, value of education and hope for the future.
The incumbent is responsible for the execution of BBBS’s overall Stewardship and Annual Giving plans.
- Build and maintain strong partner and stakeholder relationships
- Meet annual financial and non-financial targets for Annual Giving and grow revenue in all related areas
- Plan, monitor and evaluate activities related to Annual Giving and coordinate activities related to constituent relations
- Implement renewal campaigns for regular, transitional and monthly giving donors
- Develop and implement donor recognition and stewardship policies and individualized stewardship plans
- Collect, enter, compile, track and report on stewardship and donor cultivation activities to key stakeholders and funders as required
- Oversee and manage stewardship information in data base
- Create and implement stewardship events, providing support to third-party and in house events and fundraisers
- Coordinate preparation of targeted stewardship communications for internal/external publications and website
- Perform data analysis and provide recommendations on maximizing donor acquisition, renewal and retention opportunities
- Support the Fund Development team with administrative tasks as necessary
- A Degree or Diploma in Communications or Fund Development or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success in donor relations, Annual Giving and community charitable funding processes
- Outstanding verbal, written and computer-based communications skills
- Well entrenched in the Calgary community
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Fund Development databases
- Flexible work schedule
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area offers a competitive salary, health benefits and RRSP matching.
Closing Date: September 13th, 2013 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume To:
5945 Centre Street SW
Email: [email protected]
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.