The Special Events Coordinator will assist in implementing the YWCA signature fundraising special events YWCA WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES and YWCA WHYWHISPER Gala to increase fundraising revenue and the profile of the YWCA, as well as assisting the YWCA Resource Development department as required.
Duration of contract: Six month position, 37.5 hours per week, July through December
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in coordinating all aspects of the YWCA WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES and YWCA WHYWHISPER Gala fundraising events to maximize revenue and awareness. Including: website updates, sponsor stewardship, and event logistics.
- Source and contact potential participants and attendees;
- Engage participants and attendees through professional and personalized communications;
- Represent the organization at community/promotional events;
- Ensure constituent information accurately recorded.
- Contribute and participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of department systems and procedures;
- Participate in and support the development of a high performance team and a collaborative work environment within the organization;
- Work collaboratively with a number of staff from different areas including Communications and Community Engagement;
- Exercise compliance with the YWCA Resource Development Ethical Fundraising Policies;
- Adhere to Canada Revenue Agency regulations;
- Perform other duties as required.
- 1-2 years experience in event planning or a related field.
- Exceptional customer service skills: professional, personable, and comfortable interacting with event participants and attendees, donors, volunteers, and staff at all levels of the organization;
- Well developed writing, presentation and verbal communications skills;
- Respond to direction as well as take initiative;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and confident around people ;
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities with attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications is required;
- Knowledge of database and website management an asset.
If you are a highly motivated and have a passion for coordinating events please send cover letter and resume to:
Special Events Officer, Resource Development
YWCA of Calgary
320 – 5th Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0E5
No phone calls please. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.