Alberta Ballet is a vibrant and exciting world-class arts organization currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual for the following opportunity:
School of Alberta Ballet Receptionist (full-time)
The School of Alberta Ballet Receptionist is a key contributor to the Alberta Ballet team, providing support to students and staff at the front desk at Western Canada’s leading dance training facility.The Receptionist will demonstrate the core values of the organization with particular emphasis on professionalism, innovation, sound judgment, integrity, and fiscal responsibility.
As the first point of contact at the School of Alberta Ballet, the successful candidate will be key in providing exceptional customer service to all students, parents, and other patrons of the School of Alberta Ballet. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Respond to inquiries and communicate information about School of Alberta Ballet events and programs
- Answer phones, return phone messages and respond to email inquiries
- Assist with registration procedure for new and returning students
- Perform administrative duties as required; including invoicing, maintaining office supplies, data entry, mail-outs and maintaining class and student attendance records
- Assist students in booking paramedical services through our in-house program
- Provide student support, including first aid if necessary
- Assist clients with payment processing
- Maintain office supplies
- Perform daily facility checks and communicate with maintenance and cleaning staff on any action items
Qualifications and position requirements
- A minimum of one to two years of experience in reception or office administration
- Dynamic, outgoing and friendly personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proven teamwork abilities
- A strong attention to detail, thoroughness, quality and standards
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research
- Experience in processing financial transactions and financial record keeping
- Experience working with children an asset
- Proven customer service experience
- Basic Microsoft Office and data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ballet knowledge/experience an asset
- The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Manager, Development and Communications. As well, this position will work closely with both the artistic and academic faculty as well as other administrative staff.
Schedule and Salary
- The Receptionist is a full-time salaried position with a benefits package. The days of work are Monday to Friday from 8:30am – 5:15pm. The salary range is $31,000-$35,000 plus benefits.
The School of Alberta Ballet offers a supportive work environment with competitive salaries and unique perks. If you have a positive, professional attitude and are interested in joining a unique and fast-paced work environment, please submit your résumé and cover letter to Meran Currie-Roberts, Manager, Development and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.