Marketing and Communications Manager
Do you want to join an amazing team and be a force for change in our community? Do you love to create content and deliver it to the appropriate audience? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? This is a perfect position for someone who loves to tell a story and wants to create awareness to build a more inclusive Calgary.
Champions Career Centre was established in 2000 to connect employers with people with disabilities. By working collaboratively with government, companies and local and regional disability organizations, Champions helps the one in six Albertans with disabilities have full and equal access to career and employment opportunities. Champions helps both clients and employers to overcome workplace challenges to meet diversity standards, create mutually beneficial employment placements and ensure a positive, supportive workplace environment.
Champions is a pan-disability agency, which means we work with people who have both visible and invisible disabilities. Visible disabilities can include mobility issues and visual impairment. Invisible disabilities can include hearing impairment, learning disabilities, chronic pain, diabetes, anxiety and depression and addictions.
Over the years we have served thousands of individuals to obtain the right job and helped many employers recruit and retain top talent with disabilities. Clients tell us Champions is a supportive environment. Employers tell us Champions helps by keeping their bottom-line in mind. Both tell us they appreciate how we create a truly customized approach to all we do.
A finalist for Alberta’s Best Workplaces 2013 in the category of Diversity, we strive to maintain a healthy culture in our workplace. The result is that we have an organization where all employees can demonstrate their gifts, explore new areas of growth, and move forward as a team committed to the cause of our agency.
Our client’s success is the cause of the agency, and their success is our success.
For more information please visit: http://www.championscareercentre.org
Working closely with and in support of the Executive Director and the Champions leadership team, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to raise and enhance the profile of Champions Career Centre, particularly with potential clients, employers, community partners and donors. The MarComm Manager will actively manage the reputation (brand) of Champions, align marketing activities to support the attainment of organizational objectives, and expand relationships within local and regional markets.
- Play a leading role in the development of Champions’ Marketing and Communication strategic plans and update them as necessary.
- Lead the implementation of Champions marketing plans, support staff and ensure successful execution at all stages. Track progress of annual marketing plans and budgets.
- Develop a marketing team culture through guidance, delegation and mentorship. Advise Champions leadership, board of directors and staff on marketing best practices and support them in consistent usage of the Champions brand.
- Proactively seek branding opportunities for Champions and strategic partnerships within our target audiences.
- Act as a brand champion; ensure that all marketing initiatives support the organization’s brand and strategic objectives and are applied across internal and external communications.
- Develop marketing materials and content to support the organization’s fund development goals. Work closely with the Fund Development Manager to strengthen key relationships through the consistent implementation of the Champions brand in FD activities.
- Conduct research and develop editorial content for a variety of print and electronic marketing materials, including website, brochures, ads, news releases, speeches, newsletters, RFPs / proposals, presentations, and other internal and external communication vehicles.
- Provide support and assist in the creation of compelling presentations for the Champions team and provide communication guidelines, guidance, editing and feedback for all external communications.
- Build brand awareness and engagement online through social media on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Blogger and YouTube. Create online content which is consistent with Champions key messages and engages our target audiences. Manage Champions website and curate key content including blog, events, news, job board, etc.
- Plan and organize activities such as seminars, speaking opportunities, trade shows and other external focused events. Take a leading role in ensuring all external activities are aligned with strategic marketing objectives and organizational goals. Provide on-site event or project assistance as needed.
- Research and analyze new marketing opportunities and potential partnerships. Utilize current Champions datasets and databases to research opportunities and maximize reach our MarComm activities.
- Track results and return on investment (ROI) for all Champions marketing efforts, including web and social media. Work with the Executive Director to ensure marketing ROI is aligned with organizational objectives and desired outcomes.
- Monitor and develop relationships with the media and support the development of responses to inquiries.
- Build and maintain relationships with alumni, employer partners and other external service providers as required.
- Coordinate the use of volunteers to help achieve MarComm goals and expand our range of activities. Ensure all volunteers working for Champions are educated on the Champions brand and key messages.
- Facilitate workshops for clients, staff and volunteer which relate to Champions marketing activities and knowledge of the MarComm Manager.
Given the role this individual will play in the company’s future growth and success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal characteristics:
- A university degree or college diploma in marketing, public relations, communications or journalism (equivalent experience may be considered)
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of three years proven success in marketing and communications
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal communications, research and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of mass media, publicity, advertising, social media and community relations
- Superior technical skills, including familiarity with MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign, email marketing, and new technologies
- Experience in web content management, including understanding of HTML
- Experience in content creation and impact storytelling, through written word, photography and video
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience leading a team would be considered an asset.
- Enjoy working with a team that is accountable for success together
- An enthusiastic and motivated self-starter
- Ability to create and maintain lasting relationships
- Self-directed work practices combined with the ability to pull others in when appropriate
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi task and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Champions Career Centre Team values Collaboration, Trust, Accountability and Inclusion. We understand the importance of the right person for the right job, and appreciate a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage all candidates with the required qualifications to apply for this position. We commit to working collaboratively on determining appropriate accommodations, if needed.
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is found