The YWCA of Calgary has been providing a wide range of services in support of vulnerable women for more than 100 years. Our long history in the community has established our reputation as a catalyst to a city sensitive and responsive to the real needs of women and a work place of choice for people committed to measurable impact. Breaking the cycles of family violence, poverty, homelessness, and social exclusion are at the heart of our mission and vision. Our staff and volunteers are committed to social change and work to see women thriving in a safe and equitable community. If this is a philosophy you share, then this may be the role for you.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Manager, Resource Development, the Major Gifts Officer is responsible for attracting major gift donors and growing the major gifts program at the YWCA of Calgary. The Major Gifts Officer will manage a portfolio of accounts to ensure assigned donors and prospects are properly indentified, prioritized, cultivated and stewarded.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Resource Development team to achieve sustained growth in major gift program;
- Responsible for the overall relationship management and growth of individual, corporate and foundation major gift donors in assigned portfolio;
- Meet, and strive to exceed, agreed targets including dollars raised, number of moves, number of asks and portfolio size;
- Prioritize project management, ensuring the most effective use of time and resources;
- Effectively manage a broad portfolio of major gift prospects at various stages in the gift giving cycle;
- Understand and balance the varying needs of assigned projects and donors;
- Enter all pertinent information relating to donor relationships, notes, and actions into Raiser’s Edge;
- Work in an integrated manner with other development staff to insure effective coordination of effort with their programs and to reinforce the prospect relationship continuum;
- Work collaboratively with a number of staff from different areas in formulating approach strategies;
- Support the implementation of donor recognition events ;
- Embrace continuous education and learning about YWCA services and programs as well as current trends and changes that relate the broad range of work provided by the YWCA to the community;
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- A degree in a related field such as non-profit studies, communications or business with a minimum of two years of related experience; OR a related diploma with a minimum three years related experience;
- A minimum of two years of experience with a proven track record of identifying, cultivating and closing major gift prospects in a fund development team environment preferably with a focus on moves management.
- Familiarity with all fundraising areas;
- Strong computer software skills including experience with donor management software (e.g. Raisers Edge);
- Strong cultivation, negotiation and relationship management skills;
- Superior communication skills and ability to undertake donor administrative responsibilities such as the preparation of fund agreements, major gift proposals and public presentations;
- Successful track record of establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with volunteers and donors;
- Knowledge of current Canada Revenue Agency tax rules.
· Affiliation with professional organizations such as AFP, CFRE or CAGP.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter:
Manager, Resource Development
YWCA of Calgary
320 – 5th Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0E5
No phone calls please. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is found.