The Integrated Service Program provides ongoing assistance by facilitating proactive actions towards holistic settlement of newcomers to Calgary. The program aims to increase newcomers’ ability to access available services and resources to ultimately enhance their participation and economic independence in the society.
The successful applicant will exhibit strong team leadership skills to continually set clear direction for team of settlement counsellors, by considering different skills, program’s expected results, and resources available.
The ISP coordinator will:
- Constantly look to develop and implement new services to be provided to newcomers.
- Ensure accountability requirements are met, produce compelling quarterly and annual reports which highlight the success of the work done and the impact this is creating to newcomers.
- Lead marketing efforts to ensure newcomers are aware of services provided, by the development of promotional materials and assignment of outreach activities
- Ensure the daily functioning of ISP program service delivery by coordinating the team of counsellors
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work or a related field in Social Sciences
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with newcomers
- Additional management or leadership training an asset
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge and experience with immigrant population and their needs along with cultural competency skills required to develop services for them
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advance proficiency using Microsoft Office and web based programs
Please submit resume and cover letter to Mr. Jim Kryschuk, HR Advisor to the email shown above.