Position Title: High River Flood Recovery Outreach Worker (for immigrants and other newcomers)
Position Description: This position will provide outreach support to immigrants and other newcomers to Canada during the transition and flood recovery process in High River, Alberta. This position is a team member of the Foothills Community Immigrant Services Office in High River.
- Provide on - site outreach services to immigrants and other newcomers in the Saddlebrook Community
- Provide needed support to families and singles as a follow-up to the flood
- Assist immigrant residents with transition into the High River community and permanent housing when the time comes.
- Facilitate communication, information sharing, and referrals to other services as needed, including mental health services
- Facilitate needed social and learning activities for immigrant and newcomer families and singles in the saddlebrook community.
- Work closely with FCIS and partners to ensure access and broad support for the immigrant population
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree in Social Work
- Knowledge and/or experience working with immigrant outreach.
- Counseling and facilitation skills
- Community liaison skills
- Good communication skills, computer competency
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, organize one’s work and records
- Second language an asset – especially Tagalog or Spanish
- This is a salaried 32 hour a week position for one year – competitive salary
- Benefits included
- This position works in the community of High River, Alberta
- This position requires police and security checks.
- A car is required
Please submit covering letter and resume by 4 PM, September 13, 2013 to:
Manager Community Development and Integration Services
Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
403 262 2033 (fax)