Graphic Designer/Web Designer
Calgary Counselling Centre (CCC) changes people’s lives. We provide counselling for individuals, youth and families of all backgrounds, with barrier free access and no wait-lists. We are philosophically grounded in research and outcomes measurements and are achieving unparalleled client success; we educate and train counsellors — all within a thriving social enterprise structure.
For the past 15 years Calgary Counselling Centre has been the Alberta leader focused on excellence in counselling, counsellor training and counselling research. Our work is focused on improving outcomes (or results) for Albertans who are seeking counselling services to solve a mental health problem, specifically a personal, interpersonal or psychosocial problem.
Calgary Counselling Centre is looking for an individual with a passion for graphic design, desktop publishing and web design as an integrated part of the communications, marketing and fund development team.
Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Designs and produces a wide range of promotional/marketing materials including posters, handouts, brochures, advertisements and display.
- Designs and produces corporate documents including Power Point presentations, charts, graphs and infographics.
- Supports internal objectives by creating design solutions and concept development with sketches/mock-ups.
- Captures and edits digital photographic images.
- Prepares artworks for digital and offset printing process.
- Designs and develops sites and web assets including E-newsletter, digital annual report and web graphics.
- Utilizes and maintain online event registration service and email marketing platform.
- Participates in creative brainstorming and research.
- Collaborates with other in-house teams to ensure stated business requirements are met.
- Applies rigorous quality assurance testing to verify entire scope of production meets client functionality and compatibility requirements.
- Analyzes, monitors and report on web analytics to increase Search Engine Optimization.
- Actively applies Search Engine Optimization strategies and tactics to ensure high ranking of CCC site and other digital properties.
- Effectively communicates the Centre’s brand essence strengthening its image and reputation to internal and external audiences through visual communications.
- Creates and maintains document templates for department use.
- Supports the execution of the Centre’s visual brand awareness campaign, ensuring the brand is integrated in all audience touch points, including interior and exterior signage, and marketing materials.
- Ensures the integrity and correct use of the Centre’s logo and other aspects of the Centre’s visual identity in all applications.
- Obtains quotes and liaises with printers and suppliers, as needed. Coordinates the delivery and communicates the status of projects and campaigns to involved parties.
- Responsible for inventory management of branded stationery including business card, letterhead, envelope, brochure and invoices and coordinates the orders if necessary.
- University degree or College diploma in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related experience.
- AT least five (5) years’ experience as a graphic designer.
- Experience working with Adobe CS software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Proficiency in Web design
- Knowledge of video editing is an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and/or tasks concurrently.
- Willingness to update skills and learn new techniques on an on-going basis.
- Creative and solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of working independently and in a small team.
- Attention to detail.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume and work sample no later than September 2, 2014 to:
Calgary Counselling Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.