Fund Development Officer
The Cochrane & Area Humane Society has secured a grant to hire a Fund Development Officer on a one-year contract to stabilize, develop and grow its fund development programs, with the possibility of becoming a permanent position at the end of the term.
The Fund Development Officer is responsible for developing, delivering and managing the Cochrane & Area Humane Society’s revenue development efforts in the areas of integrated direct response (includes regular, transitional and monthly giving), sponsorship. This position is also responsible for assisting with efforts related to securing major gifts and planned giving as requested by the Executive Director.
Fundraising currently provides approximately 70 per cent of the Society’s annual operating budget.
The Fund Development Officer is responsible for meeting the following key performance indicators:
1. Meeting the fund development goals set out in the Society’s fund development plan
2. Developing and implementing written case(s) for support
3. Developing and implementing a gift acceptance policy and a donor recognition and stewardship policy.
· Reports to Executive Director
· Acts, at all times, in an ethical and accountable manner;
· Meets annual financial and non-financial targets for the direct response and sponsorship programs;
· Exceeds donor and sponsor expectations;
· Delivers exceptional customer service and support to key internal and external stakeholders and stakeholder groups;
· Works with the Executive Director in developing strategies and initiatives for maximizing donor and sponsor acquisition, retention and renewal;
· Implements effective direct response program renewal campaigns for regular, transitional and monthly giving donors as determined by the fund development and strategic plans;
· Work with donor database to provide detailed statistical analysis of each direct response campaign;
· Liaise with CAHS team to determine priorities and cases for support for direct response and sponsorship campaigns;
· Compose letters for direct response campaigns;
· Liaise with graphic designer on design and layout of direct response letters and associated materials;
· Responsible for production management, including liaison with printer and mail house;
· In conjunction with Executive Director, implement methods to maximize retention/conversion of existing donors and sponsors;
· Perform data analysis with recommendations on maximizing donor acquisition, renewal and retention opportunities through direct response program;
· Develop and implement donor acquisition programs;
· Works with the identification of transitional and major gift prospects and the identification of target market segments;
· Perform related customer service activities for regular, transitional, and monthly giving donors, and sponsors including dealing with donor and sponsor concerns;
Work closely with Executive Director on special projects and strategies that support and contribute to the work of the Cochrane & Area Humane Society.
Send Resume with Salary Expectation to: Tracy Keith, Executive Director 62 Griffin Industrial Point, Cochrane, AB T4C 0A3 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org