This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and the Administrative Office. The position of Executive/Office Assistant reports to the Executive Director, hours of work are Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week; however there is some evening work required occasionally. THE JOB WILL BEGIN AS A 3 MONTH TEMPORARY CONTRACT WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF WORKING INTO A FULL TIME ROLE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To support the Executive Director by:
- Assisting with scheduling, rescheduling and confirmation of meetings and appointments.
- Preparing routine responses to letters and information requests on behalf of the Executive Director
- Maintaining comprehensive confidential files, including funding agreements.
- Assisting with the development of policies and procedures in consultation with the Executive Director;
- Maintaining the master Policies and Procedures manual in both hard copy and electronic format.
- Assisting with the completion of reports for appropriate funders for review by the Executive Director, and submission to funders in a timely manner.
To support the Board of Directors by:
- Providing confidential assistance to the Board of Directors, the Board Executive and Committees as required.
- Preparing and distributing minutes, agendas, motions for approval, and information packages for Board of Directors’ and Finance meetings.
- Monitoring compliance with the legal requirements of the By-laws, and advising the appropriate Board members.
- Serving as a primary contact between Board members and CWES staff.
To support the Administrative Office:
- Receiving telephone calls and visitors, and redirecting to the appropriate parties as required.
- Distributing incoming mail and coordinating the flow of information to and from other departments/programs.
- Work with Managers and Administrative Assistants to ensure timely and accurate storage of records.
- Maintain, track and sustain inventory of client files within Iron Mountain.
- Assist staff members to retrieve records and update inventory as required.
- Coordinate administration office furniture, office recycling, ordering office supplies and general administration.
- Some on-boarding duties such as computer access, email accounts, office space and telephone assignments
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Post-secondary education; a focus in Business Administration preferred.
- Two years experience as an Executive Assistant in a similar or related role with preference given to candidates with not-for-profit experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and working knowledge of database administration.
- Must have skills and knowledge to operate office equipment associated with clerical functions, i.e., computers, printers, photocopiers, fax machines, etc.
- A strong communication (oral and written) skill in English, including use of proper grammar is a requirement.
- Professional and discrete with regard to confidential information.
- High level of initiative, strong organizational skills to assume the diverse responsibilities and duties of the position, proficient in setting priorities, effective coordination, time management, and multi-tasking in a competent and effective manner.
- A criminal record search and an intervention check is a condition of employment.