37.5 Hours/Week, Weekends and Evenings
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary and Area (BBBS) is a volunteer-driven organization recognized for our mentoring programs for children and youth in schools and communities throughout Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, and surrounding areas. Mentorship positively impacts the lives of children and youth by improving their self-esteem, relationships with others, value of education and hope for the future.
This role is responsible for planning and executing internal and external events for the organization that generate revenue and raise awareness.
- Plan, manage and deliver internal and external events for the purpose of raising awareness and/ or generating revenue
- Work closely with key stakeholders, program managers, committees, and fund development to effectively deliver targeted high quality events to identified target audiences
- Maintain an annual calendar of events that anticipates long-term planning, effective event management and event work plan development
- Plan, manage and execute events including; the development of Terms of Reference, event plans, specific task lists, event time lines, creative for marketing materials and onsite execution and oversight
- Negotiate with venues, suppliers and business units in regard to content, materials, equipment, displays and other essentials to ensure coordinated delivery of events, ensuring the lowest cost and highest quality
- Work closely with internal and external event planning committees and groups to define event goals, objectives. Establish staff/volunteer schedules, task assignments, development of volunteer event job descriptions, assist with volunteer resourcing and provide adequate support, guidance, feedback, measurement and recognition
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, briefing packs, speech notes and communications pre-event and on-site communications with key stakeholders, establishing communication protocols and operating procedures with event committees, subcontractors, agency staff and volunteers
- Develop and manage event budgets to achieve fundraising targets. Maximize the net revenue potential of all fundraising events by securing sponsorship, donations of goods and/or services in kind.
- Report weekly to Manager, Marketing and Communications on current project status and conduct post-event report
- Post-secondary education in events management, public relations, fund raising events or relevant designation and/or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience in planning full-cycle large to small scale events
- Strong planning, prioritization, and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, and presentation skills, with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Possesses a positive, flexible and responsive attitude with a professional image and team-oriented style
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with some database experience
BBBS is an equal opportunity employer, with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Closing Date: January 2, 2014 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
Submit Cover Letter & Resume to the Attention: Human Resources
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.