Staff must be non-judgmental and receptive in approach and reflect genuine concern, respect and commitment towards the individual, family and community.
You have a passion for making a measurable and meaningful difference. You have the gift of building high performance teams as you know the key to exceptional results is exceptional leadership. You work proactively and have an ability to lead the execution of plans. You are committed to learning and integrate continuous quality improvement in all areas of your work.
This senior leadership position provides vision and oversight in the areas of program operations to maximize organizational effectiveness.
We offer a creative and progressive work environment, competitive compensation package and the opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of people in poverty.
Key areas of responsibility
- Ensure program and operational excellence
- Provide leadership to managers
- Manage operational finances
- Oversee organizational learning and reporting
- Manage external relationships
- Supervisor: Executive Director
- Supervise: Financial Literacy and Business Development Managers
- Leadership Team members
- Existing funders
- Executive Assistant
- Momentum Board and Staff
Implement the organization’s Strategic Map and Business Plan as related to this role and report on Business Plan progress.
Provide inspiring and visionary program leadership by developing high performance departmental teams.
Ensure Momentum maintains its financial and operational integrity by effectively managing financial and human resources.
Ensure stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, are informed about Momentum’s results.
Lead evaluation, learning and performance measurement activities.
Build relationships with Momentum’s stakeholders with a focus on managing relationships with existing funders.
Participate in community networks and partnerships.
Program Operational Leadership
- Be an internal champion for Community Economic Development
- Take responsibility for program planning
- Deliver consistent results and make ongoing improvements
- Champion the approach of partnering with program participants based on adult education principles
- Share successes and challenges with Board and staff
- Prevent and break down program silos
- Respond to changes in program demand
- Work with others to build and maintain information systems for programs
Staff Leadership Development
- Communicate with staff a clear organizational direction
- Provide ongoing leadership and coaching to the Financial Literacy and Business Development Departmental Managers
- Inspire and support Department Managers to build high performing program teams
- Support collaboration across departments
- Contribute to staff culture of shared learning, empowerment, accountability and continuous quality improvement
- Collaborate with Associate Director Human Resources and Department Managers on all program human resource requirements, including recruitment, orientation and professional development
- Allocate financial resources for maximum program results
- Participate in annual budget development process
- Contribute to forward looking financial planning
- Support Finance Director to monitor the operational budget, report on financial progress and re-allocate resources as required
- Support Department Managers to monitor program budgets and adjust accordingly
- Participate on Board Finance Committee
- Sign cheques and approve expenditures
Organizational Learning and Reporting
- Lead Business Plan process for programs
- Report accurately to the Board on Business Plan progress and challenges
- Lead evaluation and continuous quality improvement processes throughout organization
- Set and monitor performance measures using existing dashboard
- Support data collection systems for maximum learning throughout the organization
- Champion the use of the Sustainable Livelihoods model
- Promote regular opportunities for staff and participants to provide feedback on program performance
External Relationship Development
- Coordinate reporting to existing funders
- Maintain regular, professional, cordial relationships with existing funders
- Ensure funders are recognised and invited to participate in events and graduations
- Lead and/or support new funding opportunities and proposal development to new and existing funders
- Participate in related community partnerships and networks
- Work with other staff to represent Momentum externally
- Contribute to organizational profile and reputation through participation in events and supporting communications
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead leaders.
- Post secondary education or post degree training in the field of social sciences, business administration, adult education or community economic development. Graduate degree in related field an asset. Knowledge of business development, micro-lending and financial literacy an asset.
- Performance management and coaching skills demonstrated in previous managerial experience.
- Ability to manage through, and develop processes and systems to achieve productivity with a particular focus on program management experience.
- Knowledge of program evaluation and data management.
- Experience in managing funder or investor relationships.
- Experience in working with marginalized individuals or individuals with barriers including multicultural sensitivity.
- Quality oriented to pursue results for self and others with drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Proactive and future-oriented to identify priorities and focus on getting most important work completed successfully.
- Excellent organizational ability to get work done through formal and informal channels and use resources efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build collaborative relationships and network effectively.
- Strong communication skills to clearly communicate key messages and have candid conversations.
- Ability to demonstrate disciplined implementation to execute plans.
Please forward resume with covering letter:
Via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. State competition number in subject line of email.
Or by mail: #16, 2936 Radcliffe Drive SE, Calgary, Alberta T2A 6M8
Or Fax: 403.235.4646
Attention: Hiring Committee
Competition Number: CCVO0601
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Applicants must state salary expectations in their cover letter.
Momentum is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
For a detailed job description and more information about Momentum visit www.momentum.org.