The ESCC is an umbrella agency with a mandate to support shared planning, coordination and collaboration among senior-service providers. Our communications serve to inform the sector and contribute to the service capacity of our member agencies. Edmonton is one of four Canadian cities to be approved as a member of the Global Network of Age-Friendly Cities by the World Health Organization. The ESCC co-leads the implementation of the large Age-Friendly Edmonton initiative with the City of Edmonton.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
• Degree or diploma in Communications or other relevant education
• Suitable combination of experience and education
The COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR is a full time position (37.5 hours per week). The position will pay a minimum of $4,700 per month plus health benefits (including a health spending account) and an employer-matched RRSP contribution plan equivalent to five per cent of the wage upon successful completion of the probation period.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE FOR COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Background in public relations and promotion of a social cause
• Enthusiasm for public speaking
• Knowledge and experience utilizing social media to strategically relay information
• Experience in videography and editing an asset
• Experience working on large initiatives and/or collaboratives involving many stakeholders
• Experience with coordinating and gathering information from others, editing, synthesizing and relaying information for specific purposes
• Computer literacy, especially Word for Windows, Excel, Outlook
• Excellent problem solving and research skills
• Knowledge of needs, issues and services related to older people an asset
• Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
Our vacation policy entitles full time employees to 10 days holiday after 6 months employment (policies under review in 2014). After one year employment the vacation allotment is 15 days. The ESCC observes 12 paid statutory holidays per year with additional paid days off between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
The probation period for the positions is three months with possibility of extension based on performance.
The ESCC is funded by the City of Edmonton and the United Way Alberta Capital Region. All positions are subject to funding.
If a suitable candidate cannot be found, the position will be re-posted. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
For a complete job description please click here Applicants can forward their resumes by Midnight, March 9, 2014 attention: to [email protected] or fax to 428-3844.
The Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council is located at #255, 8330-82 Avenue (Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre) Edmonton, AB, T6C 4E3. Our telephone number is (780) 423-5635. Our office is open Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).