The Calgary Fetal Alcohol Network is a non-profit organization that was developed after a need arose to address the social issue of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) in the Calgary Region. CFAN requires a permanent part time Communications Associate with the ability to support and contribute to organizational performance and excellence.
Reporting to the Coordinator, the Communications Associate is a vital member of the CFAN team providing communication support for all functions of the Network.
The Communications Associate position is part time; working approximately 20 hours per week and requires a high level of confidentiality, flexibility and adherence to professional standards in order to meet the changing needs of the organization. Occasional evening and weekend work is required as well as a valid driver’s license.
- Develops and implements a social media strategy for CFAN
- Assists with the production of communications materials
- Improves, updates and maintains the CFAN website
- Attend interagency meetings as a CFAN representative as necessary
- Attend resource fairs as a CFAN representative
- Developing partnerships with local media and advertising contacts
- Maintaining local media database and public contacts for disseminating information;
- Acting as media contact and prepare key messaging for media releases, public service announcements, media kits, etc.
- Managing the production of the quarterly newsletter from timeline development, assignment of articles, editing/layout and distribution
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in non-profit and charitable sector an asset
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with media relations
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic and goal-oriented
- Knowledge of and/or experience in social media is beneficial
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration
- Understands different communication tools to articulate impact of programs and services
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Erin Palashniuk, Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Associate in the subject line.
We thank all interested applicants, only those selcted for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: November 14, 2013