Title: Case Manager - Family Support Housing (Full Time - 40 hours)
Job Purpose and Summary:
The Case Manager in the Family Support Housing program is responsible for providing case management support to a caseload of 15 families as they exit homelessness and move towards independence in housing. Working from a Housing First model the Case Manager provides the ongoing support necessary to help families move forward in their lives and lessen the opportunity for returning to homelessness. The Case Manager will work with the families to identify barriers to stability in housing and provide them with the appropriate support/referrals to assist them in addressing these barriers.
- Build and maintain supportive relationships with families throughout their working relationship.
- Provide in-home and community based case management support to families through the transition from homelessness to housing and ultimately to independence within their community.
- Assist families in setting and meeting goals that will facilitate their journey to independence in the community.
- Support families in addressing identified barriers that may be preventing them from moving forward in housing.
- Connect families to community resources/supports that will continue to support their stability in housing.
- Complete comprehensive intake assessments with new families as well as ongoing assessments throughout the duration of case management.
- Maintain quality up-to-date documentation as well as utilize/support the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Collaborate within own department to discuss resources and personalize referrals for the families assessed
- Provide occasional support to other IFTC departments when needed
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Experience working with vulnerable families or other at risk populations
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Calgary housing programs, resources and agencies
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with partner agencies/programs
- Strong advocacy skills
- Creative problem solving ability
- Excellent rapport builder
- Ability to function independently while also working as part of a larger frontline team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Diploma or certificate in human services, homelessness or social services
- 2 years of experience working in a similar role
- Certified in Level C - CPR, NVCI, Aboriginal Awareness, Suicide Intervention, Stages of Change and Motivational Interviewing
- Reliable Vehicle required
- Police Check and Intervention Record Check required
- Proficiency with MS Office and a general comfort with technology
Direct Report: Family Support Team Lead
Indirect Head Report: Manager of Housing & Case Management
Department: Housing & Case Management